Class Code of Conduct
Role and Responsibilities of Class Committee Members
- To provide leadership to the Class Exco members, heads of each sub-committee and classmates in promoting school spirit and culture within the class.
- To work closely with the Form Teacher to ensure smooth running of class activities and inform any problems or challenges within the class.
- To facilitate class meetings together with Vice-Chairperson, with guidance from Form Teacher. When need arises, to conduct class executive committee meetings with Form Teacher.
- To maintain discipline in the class especially during assemblies, in between lessons and when moving from class to class.
- To embrace the SST’s school values and be a role model for classmates.
- To assist the Class Chairperson in his/her roles and responsibilities listed above
- To cover the duties of the Class Chairperson in his/her absence.
- To ensure the sub-committees carry out their duties responsibly.
- To assist the Form Teacher and Class Chairperson in any administrative matters.
- To monitor movement of classmates and ensure that no one leaves the class without the permission of the Form/Subject Teacher.
- To write the date and the names of absentees on the whiteboard before the first period on a daily basis.
- To record minutes of executive committee and class meetings and forward to Form
Teacher and Level Co-ordinator.
- To update homework, assessments or any class events on the class blog.
- To collect money and keep a proper account of all collections and expenditure.
- To draw out a budget for the class (class fund) and ensure that money is collected only when needed. To ensure that pupil sign against her name on a class list, when money is collected from her.
- To ensure that all money collected is passed to Account Department or Form Teacher within the same day.
Welfare / SL Co-ordinator
- To ensure the general well-being of the class through class and school-wide activities
- To organize class bonding activities to build healthy relationships between members in class eg games, birthday celebrations...
- To support Service Learning Projects
- To assist and liaise with the Youth Service Teacher I/C on matters related to Service Learning
- To liaise with Level Co-ordinators and other teachers to disseminate information regarding CE matters, Service Learning and the NYAA to and from class
Cyber Wellness/ Media Literacy Ambassador
- To promote digital citizenship and good use of media to class and school community.
- To be the class contact persons in activities related to Cyber Wellness within the class, school and community.
- To report any misuse or abuse of IT-related incidents to Form Teacher
National Education Representative
- To be the class contact persons in activities related to National Education within the class, school and community.
- To assist NE Committee in organising NE-related events such as Total Defence Day, National day Celebrations, Racial Harmony Day etc,...
Sports & Wellness Representative
- To assist the S&W teacher in organising and getting the equipment ready for lesson.
- Act as the liaison person for the class on S&W matters.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct sports related activities and events.
- Assume the role as committee members for their respective house.
- Oversee the well-being of their classmates.
- To ensure that the classroom environment is clean. This includes the locker area and the corridor outside the classroom.
- To prepare a duty roster for maintenance of classroom cleanliness and see to its effective implementation. To monitor and track the duties of pupils on the roster. To remind and follow-up with individuals on their duties.
- To ensure that the lights, air-cons, fans and projectors are switched off when not is use.
- To ensure that the clock, fans, air-cons, lights and all AV/IT equipment are in good working condition and report to the estate officer if they are faulty.
- To set-up recycling box for the class.
- To encourage the class to participate actively in `green’ projects recommended by the school.
- To implement creative projects within the class and/or school that aim to save the environment conserving electricity for the class and school.
- To record test dates on “Assignment Schedule” on blog or on class notice-board
- To assist Subject Teachers in disseminating any information related to the subject area.
- To help in collecting and submitting assignments.
- To assist Subject Teachers in planning and organizing events related to the subject area.
PROCEDURE FOR THE USE OF LOCKERS
Your FT/coFT will assign your locker.
DOs and DONTs
- Do Not disclose the code to anyone.
- Do maintain the cleanliness and efficiency of your locker.
- Do leave your Learning Device in your locker during recess, sports & wellness programme or when not in use.
- Do Not leave your learning device unattended even in locked classroom.
- Always exercise Respect and Responsibility at all times (we are after all members of a larger SST community)
- Exercise your choices wisely or you have to face the consequences of your actions.
- When you encounter any problems do report to General Office at appropriate times. The officer will only activate your locker at designated times.
i) Locker Allocation
- Each student has been assigned a locker which is located outside each classroom.
- If the locker is faulty, please inform the Estate Department.
(iii) General Code of Conduct Regarding the Use of Lockers
- Students are responsible for safekeeping their personal belongings at all times. They should not leave their personal belongings unattended.
- Students should use their lockers to store books, their learning device and other equipment.
- Students are responsible to ensure that their lockers are well-maintained i.e. kept locked, clean and in order at all times.
- Students are advised to lock their learning devices and valuables when they leave the classroom for their breaks, S&W classes or any other activities.
- Lockers are the property of the school and as such may be subjected to search by the school authorities at any time. Should reasonable suspicion warrant it, the school authorities may open and search students’ lockers without permission.
- At the end of each semester, lockers must be cleaned out
- Students who abuse/misuse their lockers will have their rights reviewed and possibly the use of lockers terminated.
- Should they encounter any problems with lockers they should report to Operation Manager.
(iv) Keeping the learning device in the locker
- Students are advised to take extra care when storing their learning device in the lockers.
- Before putting the learning device into the locker, please ensure that the device is properly secured and kept in a protective covering (e.g. Macbook sleeve). Do check that the laptop sleeve or pouch is properly zipped so that the device would not fall out or slip out easily.
- Do not try to cramp the learning device into the locker when the locker is too packed. The force exerted might cause the screen to crack.
- Students are advised to place the learning device vertically so as to reduce the possibility of exerting too much pressure on the device.
- Avoid placing the learning device horizontally. Do not place heavy items such as textbooks on the device. This might cause the screen to crack.